These egg muffin cups make breakfast fun and healthy! This is a great way to introduce mushrooms, because most people won’t even know they are there! Mushrooms and eggs are both high in vitamin D, which is important for a baby’s growing bones!
8 oz mushrooms
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch of green onions
4 oz finely diced ham (optional, you could use cheese instead, or leave out)
Salt and pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop mushrooms into small pieces.
3. Heat oil in a saute pan on the stove. Once the oil is hot, saute mushrooms in 1 teaspoon of oil until all the moisture is gone and they turn brown (about 5 minutes)
4. While the mushrooms are cooking, chop the bell pepper. Once chopped, add the peppers to the mushrooms in the pan (the peppers only need 2-3 minutes of cooking).
5. While mushrooms and bell pepper finish cooking, prepare eggs. In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs together until well combined.
6. Chop the green onion into small slices and add to the eggs with the ham. Add mushrooms and bell peppers to the egg bowl. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
7. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, or grease the pan with butter or oil.
8. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until the egg muffins are puffed, lightly brown and cooked through.
10. Enjoy warm or refrigerate leftovers. Heat leftovers for 30 seconds in the microwave.
11. You can also eat these cold, they are perfect for lunchboxes.